Virtual Job Interviews: 5 Tips to Get You to the Next Interview Stage
In our tech driven society, video job interviewing is becoming the preferred method of determining who gets past the first stage of the interview process. Why? Because it enables organizations to conduct multiple pre-screening interviews in a very cost effective manner. So whether the organization uses Skype, HireVue or any other video platform, consider this a formal interview and the same rules apply for an in person meeting.
Here’s how you get to the next stage in the interview process:
1. Do a sound and tech check – confirm that you are using the most updated video platform version PRIOR to the interview. Additionally, make sure the sound is working properly too.
Apple iMac MC511LL/A Desktop Computer – Intel Core i5 Quad-core 2.80 GHz – All-in-One 4GB DDR3 SDRAM – 1TB HDD – DVD-Writer (DVD R/ RW)Dual-Layer Media Support: Yes – Gigabit Ethernet – Wi-Fi: Yes – IEEE 802.11n – Bluetooth: Yes – 27 Active Matrix TFT The 27-inch iMac boasts even greater resolution of 2560 x 1440. That’s a whopping 78 percent more pixels. And more pixels mean images look crisp and true to life. The contrast ratio gives you more vibrant colors and blacker blacks. The same as an HDTV. The iMac display looks great from any seat in the house. IPS gives you a bright picture with excellent color – even if you’re viewing the display from the side!
2. Anticipate and eliminate distractions – be sure to shut off your phone (home phone and cell phone) so it doesn’t ring during the interview. In addition, be sure to conduct the interview in a quiet and secure place or room to avoid outside distractions (trucks, buses, etc.). And if you are taking the interview at your home or apartment, don’t forget to put a note on your door to NOT ring the doorbell!
3. Dress up (from head to toe) – while the hiring manager might only see you from shoulders up, don’t take a chance and only wear a nice jacket/shirt/tie/blouse; be sure to dress in a completed suit. Also, incorporate color into your outfit on that day so that it helps to illuminate your face and give it some light.
Avoid small to medium sized prints or stripes because they project a fuzzy like image. For women, keep jewelry to a minimum since they could potentially project a glare and become a distraction.
4. Communicate with clarity – avoid umm’s, ahh’s and any sort of mumbling that might overcome you on that day. Be sure to speak up and speak clearly.
5. Showcase your portfolio – just because the interview is a virtual one, be sure to think of ways to illustrate materials that will showcase your talents and support the reasons why you are the best candidate for the job.
Have you experienced any best practices that you would like to share? Let me know! Written by: Jaqueline Peros
Computer Desk – Bestar Office Furniture – 57400-1155
The In Style Office Collection offers this practical, yet eye-catching computer desk with unique open storage. A durable melamine commercial grade work surface is resistant to scratches, stains and burns. The modern design of the In Style series is both versatile and stylish!
BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE Enter the Bella Petite Cover Girl and petite model editorial search! You must subscribe to enter the model search. Bella Petite Magazine is Fashion, Entertainment and LifeStyle for Women 5’5″ Tall & under. ”Petite is fit and full figured.”Free to subscribe to Bella Petite!