It’s 2016! A new year, a new beginning, another chance. I’m a petite model, former NPC figure competitor and now a fitness expert for Bella Petite.
I am originally from New York, a place where we have true seasons…snow and blizzards in Winter, showers and flowers in Spring, hot and humid weather in Summer, and beautiful colored and fallen leaves in Fall I believe God gives us these seasons to show us that not all things last forever…we may get tired of the cold weather and barren trees, but then soon he shows us that even those things shall pass and the flowers will grow once again.
It’s the cycle of life and death that is continuous and serves to remind us that not only should we find the good things in each season to appreciate, but we should also remember that those not so good things will pass.
It’s a renewing of our spirit with each new season. No one can control the seasons, but we can find ways to enjoy what each one has to offer as well as learn from the seasons of our life that bring lessons for us to learn.
I hope that whatever season 2015 had for you served as a learning and growth experience with all the joys and all it’s sorrows.
As we look to 2016, with hopeful eyes and hearts, I know that many of you may be thinking of your own personal goals.
Some may be related to spiritual growth, family, career, and of course, the most traditional – “health & fitness” goal to get that ultimate petite fit figure or you just want to shed a few pounds!
1. Always put what should be first, first. This is so very important…lest, the very thing that floats your boat – ends up tipping it over! Strive for balance and order.
2. Don’t set a goal that’s unrealistic. Start with baby steps, so you can experience success along the way.
3. In detail, write out the practical and specific steps you will need to do to reach that goal.
4. Consider keeping a journal for your goal. For example, if you have a weight loss/fitness goal, write down everything you eat, your exercise training, and how it made you feel for at least 1-2 months. This is extremely helpful, so that you can hold yourself accountable and really see the truth of how you are doing. You’ll also be able to track what specific things may be affecting change or lack of change.
5. Be sure to make time, even if just a few minutes a day, to do something towards your goal – set that time aside on your calendar if you need to. Just be sure to make it a priority, as consistency is key.
6. Find an accountability partner to support you in your goal.
7. Lastly, be sure to define what “success” really is for you, and celebrate that success!
I wish you all the best in reaching your goals for 2016. Hopefully, these 7 tips will help you in achieving them! Happy New Year!
Written by: Jeanene Cannon of Physique Complete A Bella Petite Model, NPC figure competitor and Certified Personal Trainer & Corrective Exercise Specialist via the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM).
LIKE IT, OR NOT? Tell us below.
PARTICIPATE IN THE BELLA PETITE MAGAZINE FASHION AND MODEL INITIATIVE! COPY AND PASTE UP THIS FABULOUS GRAPHIC INTO YOUR FACEBOOK TIMELINE COVER HEADER AND PROMOTE IT ON YOUR WEBPAGES.
Get your free online issue of Bella Petite today to see what all the buzz is about! Printed editions are available for order at bit.ly/bellapetitemag
Enter the Bella Petite Model Search. Win a professional photo shoot in California and editorial fashion spread. You will get tearsheets for your portfolio and modeling promotions! Enter the ONLY model search in the world for petite women 5’5″ tall and under!